Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh cheese... how I miss thee.

So yesterday I met with a bio-chemist and had my saliva and urine tested.  (mmmm.... don't you just love hearing the words saliva and urine in the morning??!)    And it turns out, I'm allergic to the following things: Tomatoes, Eggplant, Green Peppers, Peanuts, all Potatoes, ALL Dairy Products, and Gluten... which includes wheat, spelt, rye, and oats.


: (   BIG SAD FACE!

The first thing he said when he came back in the room is "wow, you do not get enough sleep."  How he can tell that from my pee, I have no idea, but he is right, I don't!   He said that my body is severely lacking adrenaline, my blood sugar is low, and my progesterone levels are low.   It's weird because I haven't necessarily been feeling bad.   In fact, I would venture to say that I probably eat healthier than most people that I know!  I eat hardly no sugar, I'm vegetarian, I exercise, and I use natural products.  I mostly went because I figured I had some sort of food allergies because my skin breaks out when I eat certain foods.   But anyway, he thinks that if I start getting more sleep and get my hormones balanced, that some of the food allergies will go away.   

And because I am really committed to bringing cheese, potatoes, eggplant, and tomatoes back into my life... I went to bed at 11 PM last night!  Seriously.... that's like a record.   I never go to sleep before 2 AM. I'm also starting on Arbonne's natural progesterone cream tomorrow.   So... we'll see!

I'm hoping to lose the 10lbs I've gained over the past 2 years, and keep my skin from flaring up.   I've done gluten free before, so I don't think that will really be a problem for me.   But life without cheese and potatoes will be hard, and tomatoes.... eggplant.... okay it's all going to be hard.   

I'll keep you posted.   
Day 1.....

7 comments:

  1. Man, that stinks! I LOVE all those foods so much. I wouldn't know what to do with myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your road to delicious cheesy, egg plantish recovery. BTW...I don't know what's more amazing – the stuff a doctor can learn from pee or the fact you stay up 'til 2am every night. I'm done by 1:15am. BTW...If I haven't said it before I really do love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's really bad news to hear! Good luck getting back to being able to eat all that stuff. I don't like cheese or dairy, but I couldn't live without potatoes or tomatoes! Craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh...I am so not going to get tested! Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Goodness! Good luck.... I love love cheese LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry! That is horrible news. I hope the extra sleep and cream will help bring cheese back into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the fact that your adrenaline was low probably tipped him off - I think your body dips into that when you're tired, and if you didn't have as much, it would suggest that you're keeping longer hours.

    Get better soon! I'm wondering if this might be causing my own allergies :/ Now that I have health insurance, I should get it checked out...

    ReplyDelete