Monday, February 22, 2010

Someone's in the bitter barn!

Confession:



Tonight I took part in a karaoke contest.  
This is me coming in 4th place...
Which means I lost.  Boo!



Yes, the people that won were really good. Blah, Blah, Blah!   I'm aware that I am not a gracious loser.  Haha!!   (They really were awesome and deserved to win.)

Honestly, I was fine with it until one of the judges came up afterwards to tell me "you have a really beautiful voice, this just wasn't the contest for you.  You need to enter a contest that is based more on singing and less on performance.  Plus, that song was too low for you."

Well....poop on you mr. judge!    You're not Simon, you're not british, and your glasses are not nearly as cool as Randy's!   Yes.... I'm that bitter over a little karaoke contest.  It's not really the fact that I lost that has me all bitter, I just don't like being criticized!    

Why in the world do I let the dumbest things in life bother me so much!?   Truth be told, I have never been so good at taking criticism.   I just hate not being the best at everything that I do.  Does that mean I have low self esteem?   I've always thought of myself as a confident person, but the fact that I care so much about what other people think about me sometimes must say something about my insecurities.   I need to learn to be okay with not always being the best.  Sigh... better go listen to all my self talk CD's and read some Dr. Phil.   

Really?!  It's just a stupid karaoke contest!   Am I the only one who lets such insignificant things really get to me?  



Okay...(deep breath), I'm over it!   Tomorrow I'll feel really stupid that I let this get to me. 

In spite of my bitterness, I came home to two sweet little babies who always cheer me up!   My dog Yoda is so wonderful because he is always SO happy to see me when I come home.  It really does brighten my day.  Who could be upset with these two piled up on your lap?

   




8 comments:

  1. I'm always irritated when people criticize me and I didn't ask for their criticsm. It's like... seriously? Keep your effing mouth shut! If I ask for help, that's one thing (and I can take constructive criticism too), but when it's unsolicited? Not cool...

    So sorry you didn't win love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, exactly! Yeah, I really don't care that I didn't win. I just don't like being criticized! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duhspice: You. were. robbed.

    p.s. I think I'm back! Virus defeated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used 'Bitter Barn'. One of my favorite phrases is - Get out of the bitter barn and come play in the hay. I'm sure you sounded wonderful!!!

    P.S. - Yoda is absolutely adorable!!! Love the ears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl!!! You crack me up!!! Next time come sing after me. My version of I'm A Little Teapot will surely get you first place. LOL!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you tried! There's no way I would have. I'm way to chicken...and no one wants to hear my tone deaf voice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I even had the guts to get up there. I think I would have a better chance at wanting to do it in a town that I know I'd never see anyone again. ;) good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fur babies make everything better. That and a bottle of bubbly!

    ReplyDelete